My new project: About K-pop and Korean Culture

ģ˜¤ķ›„ 5:51 snowflake 0 Comments


TV Rodin (Le Penseur), 1976-1978 by Nam June PAIK 

The picture of the sculpture above is called 'TV Rodin,' which was created by a legendary Korean video artist Nam June Paik and it is displayed in the Foundation of Louis Vuitton Museum in Paris. I took this picture when I visited the museum because I could relate myself to this art piece.

Bonjour and hi all, I am 'snowflake' and I'm a communication scholar and serious K-pop music listener. Before, I've worked as the strategy/service/business planner in the Social Network Service and Internet Portal service company in Korea. One of my favorite pastime activities is just roaming around on Youtube and checking out the comments under K-pop music videos. Because I'm a native Korean, I already know the music, artists and stories about those videos through the Korean media but I just enjoy reading what other K-pop listeners in the different places of the world think and feel about K-Pop music. Many times, I have felt like I would like to contribute to their understanding about Korean culture and broadening their knowledge about K-pop. But I just didn't have enough time to do that. Only recently, I became to think about starting my own project to share my thoughts and help other fellow K-Pop listeners and anyone who is interested in Korean music, cinema, food, society, culture etc. through blogging.

I know that there are already lots of useful resources in English to help K-pop fans. They have real-time translation of Korean media reports about music and artists, and many videos, images and all fancy items. Mine is not going to be like that. I don't want to add redundant information to the sea of K-Pop-related sites on the Web, but just want to add my own thoughts and probably random and silly, but interesting information to the existing information of K-Pop based on my own experience as the Internet service planner, communication scholar, music lover and global nomad (I've lived abroad more than 14 years). I listen not only to the music of K-Pop idol groups (boy or girl bands) but also the wide variety of genres in thw Korean music scene. So I hope I can introduce more unknown but very charming music in Korea to the global K-Pop fans.

One more thing. Since I currently live in France, I will also try to write posts in French. I'm still learning French so my French is just at the intermediate level but I feel like there are less information about K-pop in the European region so I'll try to write my blog in both English and French. Of course, if you know Korean, feel free to add any comment to my post in Korean. I'll be gladly communicating with you in three languages!

This is just a start and I don't know how it will go. But soon I'll update more information about Korean music so if you happen to read this post by chance, please come back to my blog and expect to read some new, different, and bizarre perspective regarding Korean pop cultures from Paris. :) Ơ bientƓt!

- snowflake

x

0 ź°œģ˜ ėŒ“źø€: